Your Donation Makes a Difference
- 1 out of every 100 Mississippi children is abused or neglected, 59% under age 6, an incident every 8 minutes
- 19 associated deaths each month, 82% under age 5
- There are only enough CASA advocates for 23% the 1,200 kids in the care of the Harrison County Mississippi Department of Family and Protective Services
- 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile
- 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult
- 30% more likely to commit violent crime
- 31% percent of women in U.S. prisons were abused as children
- 65% of people treated for drug abuse reported abuse as children
- 2.5 times more likely to abuse alcohol
- 3.8 times more likely develop drug addictions
- 25% more likely to experience teen pregnancy
- 3 times less likely to practice safe sex
- 30% will later abuse their own children
- In 2007 abuse and neglect cost Americans an estimated $104 billion
Will You Help Us Reach Every Child?
You can stand up for abused and neglected children by making a donation to CASA of Harrison County. Children living with the effects of abuse and neglect have a right to be heard. Last year, CASA volunteers around the country were the voice for nearly 240,000 children. Unfortunately, each year there are many more children in need of a CASA, but due to lack of trained CASA volunteers they did not receive their voice. You can help change that in Harrison County by supporting CASA of Harrison County.
Our CASA program is VOLUNTEER DRIVEN. Ninety four (94) cents of every dollar raised goes directly back into our programming to recruit, train, mentor, and educate our volunteers. Our volunteers are the HEART of our program and it is our goal to support CASA volunteers in every way. It is our charge to be fiscally responsible to our donors who have entrusted their philanthropic dollars to our program.
Without Community Partners like you, we would not be able to be the voice of neglected and abused children. We need your help. Support a CASA, protect a child and help us be their voice.
Please support CASA of Harrison County.
“To give a child a CASA volunteer is to give them a voice. To give them a voice is to give them hope, and to give them hope is to give them the world.” –Pamela Butler, Former Foster Child.
Your donation will help ensure assistance for a abused and neglected child of Harrison County. CASA of Harrison County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Questions? Please call 228-865-7078 email@example.com
Ways to Donate
Your PayPal donation is safe and secure.
Other Ways to Give
Double the impact of your donation.
How Do I Apply for a Matching Gift?
- Request a matching gift form and program guidelines from your human resources department.
- Complete the employee section of the form and send it to CASA of Harrison County with your donation. If you have made your contribution online, simply complete the form and mail to:CASA of Harrison County
47 Maples Drive
Gulfport, MS 39507
- We will complete the form and forward it to your employer’s matching gifts office for processing. The company will send its matching donation directly to CASA of Harrison County
If you have questions about this process, call 228-865-7078.
Leave a legacy of better futures for children by making a planned gift to CASA of Harrison County (Please contact your attorney for advice)
Bequests through Your Will
A bequest to CASA of Harrison County is one of the most effective and simplest ways to make a lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children. You may specify a specific amount or a percentage you wish to give to CASA of Harrison County. If you would like to make such a gift to CASA of Harrison County, please meet with your attorney to discuss this option of giving.
Giving Retirement Funds and Insurance Policies
If you would like to create a legacy for children but do not wish to write a will, you can name CASA of Harrison County as beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy. Please consult with your financial planner or attorney regarding considerations when making these types of gifts.