- Harrison County leads the state in the number of evidenced child victims of abuse and neglect.
- Currently, there are over 780 children in foster care in Harrison County.
- CASA of Harrison County advocates for these neglected and abused children in Harrison County.
- Currently CASA of Harrison County has trained over 60 CASA advocates/volunteers working on nearly 108 cases, advocating for over 1200 children who have been neglected or abused. With over 450 children in the court system, our goal is to have 100 CASA volunteers by year end 2016.
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) are everyday citizens appointed by judges to advocate for the safety and well-being of children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect.
- CASA volunteers stand up for the children of OUR community and help change their lives …